Due to some unexpected circumstances we came to Burma earlier than planned and because we got only 15 days on Arrival to Thailand couple of weeks before we decided to apply for a longer visa to Thailand in Yangon. The process of getting a Thai visa in Yangon, Myanmar/Burma is simple and fast.
What you need
- Passport – valid for at least 6 months
- Airplane ticket – Strangely you have to show your flight ticket to (not from) Thailand
- 2 passport pics
- Filled in application form
- Photocopy of first page of your passport
- Visa fee – 40USD for 2 months, single entry
If documents are accepted your visa will be granted next working day. Don’t forget to check Thai and Burmese official holidays when the consulate will be closed.
- We came to apply around 9:30am, and were the only foreigner among about 12-15 Burmese people. Application forms were filled in on the spot.
- We applied the whole set of documents and paid a fee within less than an hour. And they told us to come next day between 14:00- 17:00.
- Next working day we arrived at 13:30. The consulate was open and we were invited in. Within 5 minutes we got our passports with visas.
Thai Embassy location
The Embassy is located close to The People’s Park, in 94 Pyay Road. We usually took a taxi for about 2000Ks (2EUR). Taxi drivers know the place, just tell them you need Thai Embassy.
View Travel Photo Report – Thai Embassy in Yangon, Myanmar / Burma in a larger map
If you are going to Myanmar / Burma you might want to read: