When we arrived at the Suvarnabhumi airport in Bangkok I was very surprised to learn that I can apply only for 15 days as opposed to 30 days on arrival previously.
So instead of staying in Thailand for 1 month as we planned. We had to leave after 15 days. Next destination was – Myanmar / Burma where we planned to get a Thai visa for two months and come back.
– According to the Interior Ministerial Announcements, passport holders from 28 countries and territories may apply for visas at the immigration checkpoints for the purpose of tourism for the period of NOT EXCEEDING 15 days.
– The applicant must possess means of living expenses at the amount of 10,000 Baht per person and 20,000 Baht per family accordingly.
– The applicant must possess a passport with at least six-month validity and must present full paid ticket which is usable within 15 days since the date of entry
– Visa on arrival is provided at 24 designated international checkpoints and applicants should submit the application form duly filled out and to which his/her recent photograph (4 x 6 cm) is attached. The application fee is 1,000 Baht.
– Visitors who enter the Kingdom with Visa on Arrival generally CANNOT file an application for extension of stay except in special cases such as illness which prevents them from travelling, etc.
Office of Immigration Bureau , Immigration Division 1, Government Center B, Chaengwattana Soi 7, Laksi, Bangkok 10210. Tel 0-2141-9889 or at website http://www.immigration.go.th
List of countries and territories is eligible for Visa on Arrival:
- San Marino
- Saudi Arabia
Visa policy of Thailand – Full list of countries.
List of Thailand’s Immigration Checkpoints which provide facilities for issuance of visa on arrival :
1. Suvarnabhumi Airport
2. Don Muang International Airport , Bangkok
3. Chiangmai International Airport , Chiangmai
4. Phuket International Airport , Phuket
5. Hatyai International Airport , Songkhla
6. U Tapao Airport , Rayong
7. Mae Sai Immigration Checkpoint , Chiengrai
8. Chieng Saen Immigration Checkpoint , Chiengrai
9. Chieng Khong Immigration Checkpoint , Chiengrai
10. Betong Immigration Checkpoint , Yala
11. Sadoa Immigration Checkpoint , Songkhla
12. Samui Airport , Surat Thani
13. Sukhothai International Airport, Tak Immigration Checkpoint
14. Bangkok Harbour Immigration Checkpoint, Bangkok
15. Sri Racha Immigration Checkpoint , Chonburi
16. Mabtaput Immigration Checkpoint , Rayong
17. Nong Khai Immigration Checkpoint, Nong Khai
18. Samui Immigration Checkpoint , Surat Thani
19. Phuket Immigration Checkpoint , Phuket
20. Satun Immigration Checkpoint , Satun
21. Krabi Immigration Checkpoint , Krabi
22. Songkhla Harbour Immigraion Checkpoint , Songkhla
23. Chiangrai Airport Immigration Checkpoint, Chiangrai
24. Surat Thani Airport Immigration Checkpoint , Surat Thani